[sword-devel] Number games

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:39:00 +0100

>Who start the number game here? Who start to count the % number of language
>module download? Who start to quote the number and % in this mailling list?

The point is not who started it. The point is that we _all_ have the
power to stop it. If you feel that numbers are irrelevant, why not
stop replying?

I'm sure Chris and Troy want every possible people group to be
reached. And if there is some missionary amongst the Miau that would
like to use Sword to print out Bible texts for the 50 people that he
is teaching, I am sure they would love to help him convert his Miau
texts into a Sword module, even though very few people would ever want
to download it. The Sword project always has been very open and tried
to acommodate every resource we have access to (bible texts,
commentaries, translators for the UI, ...). And right now we're not so
flooded with module making requests that we have to set priorities.

So how about we just let this thread die. Without trying to find out
whose fault it is. We're all sinners and fall short of the glory of
God anyway. :)

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"You have to have discipline to do programming in the large, but you'll
choose the discipline by turning up the big discipline knob yourself,
not by having someone else turn it up for you. Perl 6 will give you
the big knob."  -- Larry Wall