Standards (was: Re: [sword-devel] Web Interface)

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:25:23 +0500

> Troy,
>
> I do not want to be a trouble maker, but was that a "yes" or a "no" to using
> valid markup (X)HTML according to W3c web standards? If yes, what DOCTYPE?
> The only reason I ask is for consistency in development. May I suggest
> structural XHTML 1.0 Transitional. As the New York Public Library online
> Style Guide: http://www.nypl.org/styleguide/index.html
>
> If "no" its going to be awfully hard to collaborate effectively.

Concerning XHTML answer "yes". There are just no reasons for "no". Well, it may have some problems with very old browsers about "<?xml ...?>" declaration. We can create documents without XML declaration what is yet correct XML (not sure whether correct XHTML, need to look into Standard).
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)