[sword-devel] Web Interface

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:46:34 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 ytang0648@aol.com wrote:

> > The site you referenced unfortunately assumes everyone in the world is
> > monolingual.
>
> Which site you referenced to is NOT monolingual?

huh?

My point was just that this site: http://www.glreach.com/globstats/
only shows statistics for "native speakers" which I had interpreted as
meaning "mother tongue speakers".  I'm not completely clear, from their
description of their methods, whether they count a high proficiency
second-language speaker (like an FSI/ACTFL Reading level 5) as "native
speaker" or not.  It does look like they allow some overlap, so maybe I
was mistaken and they do allow for this.

--Chris