[sword-devel] Web Interface

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:52:45 +0200

> I am not agaist the use of php. I am simply against the "no JavaScript
> please" because my browser do not support it request.
>
> Which TEXT based browser do not support JavaScript?

As far as I know there are no text based browsers which support javascript at
the moment.

Some people use a text mode browser through text terminal connection (in
universities etc.) Some people don't even have a choice.

Some people like to switch javascript off because of security and popup
windows.

Probably all needed UI stuff can be made with just normal html without
javascript.

I think it's better to put responsibility to the server where possible.
Implementation can then change without users having need to worry.