[sword-devel] Web Interface

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:35:56 EST

--part1_3d.2c5683b6.2b892b1c_boundary

ok... I have one new request for the web interface

All the result should be abel to access through a GET url. We should not use
POST with <form> we try to GET thing.

This is important so people can LINK against such result outside the system.

All the actions of retriving data from the SWORD is to GET the information,
instead of POST (put) something to the server. Let me know if my assumption
is wrong.

This is a technical detail a lot of people do not pay attention to. But the
consequence is big. If you use POST in the form, it prevent the user to book
mark that chapter or search result. It also provent other software to access
to that particular point.

--part1_3d.2c5683b6.2b892b1c_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">ok... I have one new request for the web interface<BR>
<BR>
All the result should be abel to access through a GET url. We should not use=
 POST with &lt;form&gt; we try to GET thing.<BR>
<BR>
This is important so people can LINK against such result outside the system.=
<BR>
<BR>
All the actions of retriving data from the SWORD is to GET the information,=20=
instead of POST (put) something to the server. Let me know if my assumption=20=
is wrong.<BR>
<BR>
This is a technical detail a lot of people do not pay attention to. But the=20=
consequence is big. If you use POST in the form, it prevent the user to book=
 mark that chapter or search result. It also provent other software to acces=
s to that particular point. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>