[sword-devel] BibleTime or Sword crashes on startup on Mac OS X

Alfonso Guerra sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 03:07:27 -0600

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 07:50  AM, Darin Duphorne wrote:

> OpenOffice was aborting on me in X11, but then worked fine once I
> re-started the computer.  I think something's funny with Apple's X11
> implementation.  Have you gotten diatheke to run ok from the command
> line?  If so, does imp2ld work?  Try this from the utilities >
> directory:
>
> ./imp2ld abc.imp
>
> you'll need the text file abc.imp:
> $$$a
> the letter a
> $$$b
> the letter b
>
> It should create an abc.dat file and a abc.idx file that can be used
> as a lexdict module with the keys "a" and "b".  Please let me know if
> you get it working.
>
> This is what won't work on mine.

You didn't specify what it does on your system. On mine it creates the
two files, abc.dat and abc.idx, as you said. However, it does nothing
else and I have to
interrupt execution to get a prompt back.

I have no idea what diatheke does or how it works. Looking at the usage
output I thought it would do a search for verses matching a key string,
but it returns nothing.

Alfonso