[sword-devel] OSIS importer & sample docs available

Mike R sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:47:18 -0600

On Saturday 15 February 2003 12:20 pm, Chris Little wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Mike R wrote:
> > Ummm, maybe I'm missing something, but if you go to the CCEL
> > (www.ccel.org) website, they seem to convert all their documents to OSIS
> > on the fly.  I used the importer for SWORD and it seems to work except
> > none of the headings or scripture references show...
>
> Which document(s) did you try? And what do you mean by headings? And you
> did understand that OSIS markup doesn't yet convert to RTF or HTML in any
> of the front-ends yet, right?
>
> FWIW, the CCEL documents are really ThML documents converted to OSIS, and
> it shows in their content.  Just looking at one of them now, I'm noticing
> some things that aren't invalid in the schema but probably would be if
> they could have been (like subTypes on tags without types, non-standard
> Bible references, etc.).  There are a lot of holdovers from the ThML
> versions that don't make a ton of sense in OSIS unless you recognize that
> they're ThML/HTML crammed into the OSIS mold.

I tried Donne's Devotions.  None of the h1, h2, h3, h4, or h5's showed up (it
uses <title type="x-hX" osisID="blah"> </title> for the headings, where 1 <=
X <= 5).  Perhaps the reason why I saw nothing was because, as you said, the
markup isn't filtered yet, hehe :)

So is SWORD going to support OSIS better than ThML?  Because I have to do
extensive editing to a stock ThML file from CCEL to get SWORD and BibleTime
to display it correctly...

Thanks,
-Mike
<><

--
"It seems most people have something in their lives called Gravy. They know
truth but it is buried under thickening and spices of convenience,