[sword-devel] not really related to OSIS

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:18:56 EST

--part1_a8.186a2032.2b7f7c20_boundary

I just hack a prototype of Bible Map for my future Chinese Bible Map at
<A HREF="http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/maptest.html">http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/maptest.html</A>

It only include the name for the book of Ruth, and all in Chinese, Click on
those chinese text to see the search engine to load it into the right pane

It use image from NASA (taking by space shuttle and sattlelite, and stored in
nasa, I just point to them)
It use CSS2, DOM, JavaScript, DHTML, FRAMESET

Read the source of <A HREF="http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/map-RUT.html">http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/map-RUT.html</A> to see
my comment about how I did it. There are a lot of to do thing there.

But in theory, we can build an internationalized version and switch language
on the fly ....

Enjoy, let me know what do you think. I probably should build a English
prototype to get wider feedback :)

--part1_a8.186a2032.2b7f7c20_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I just hack a prototype of Bible Map for my future Chi=
nese Bible Map at<BR>
<A HREF=3D"http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/maptest.html">http://chine=
sebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/maptest.html</A><BR>
<BR>
It only include the name for the book of Ruth, and all in Chinese, Click on=20=
those chinese text to see the search engine to load it into the right pane<B=

<BR>
It use image from NASA (taking by space shuttle and sattlelite, and stored i=
n nasa, I just point to them)<BR>
It use CSS2, DOM, JavaScript, DHTML, FRAMESET<BR>
<BR>
Read the source of <A HREF=3D"http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/map-RUT=
.html">http://chinesebiblesrc.sourceforge.net/map-RUT.html</A> to see my com=
ment about how I did it. There are a lot of to do thing there.<BR>
<BR>
But in theory, we can build an internationalized version and switch language=
 on the fly ....<BR>
<BR>
Enjoy, let me know what do you think. I probably should build a English prot=
otype to get wider feedback :)</FONT></HTML>

--part1_a8.186a2032.2b7f7c20_boundary--