[sword-devel] SwordCE

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:48:31 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Patrick Allen wrote:

> I noticed in the latest source (maybe before too - haven't checked) in
> the APPS directory a folder called WINCE with a SWORDCE project. Anyone
> have any info on this project?

There hasn't been any work done on that project in a year or two.  It was
just a port of the library to WinCE.  It requires some proprietary
libraries for STL & POSIX standard stuff, but most of that could be
replaced with free equivalents now.  I doubt that I will work on this
project again because my iPaq battery is dead and I don't plan to repair
it so that I can once again endure the torture of working with Microsoft's
crippled platform and development tools.  But most of the work was done
(for Sword as it stood two years ago) if you feel like working on this.

--Chris