[sword-devel] Making modules for newbies

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 13:40:53 -0000

Hi there ........

On 9 Feb 2003 at 10:18, Saemmy wrote:
> But I am a stupid computer user. Is there any docu about making modules, or
> can anyone give me some hints, how to do, and where to get the tools to make
> modules.

I'm quite willing to try to help.  There are a number of tools - whether
they'll be any good to you will depend on what you are trying to make
modules FROM.  As an example, one of the tools will make an entire module
provided it is pointed at a text file that follows EXACTLY the
versification of the KJV with text in every verse, and one verse per line
only - and not including the Deutero-Canon.  Most translations don't follow
this versification exactly, so that tool probably won't help.  Another tool
will simply add one verse each time you call it.  To use it you need to
write a script in some programming or scripting language or other to feed a
verse at a time to the tool.

So: what have you got as a starting point?  And can you program or script?

If you like, you can make a text file containing a chunk of your source
text and send it me and I can try to start you off from there.  It might be
possible to make it into a form that one of the tools can use simply by
using a text editor.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Arnold and the Netherfield
United Reformed Churches, Nottingham see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com
and http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake@ntlworld.com