[sword-devel] Bible Formats, SWORD, Osis,ThML and NIV Module Questions

Philip Alldredge sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:43:17 -0600

This isn't totally SWORD related but I thought you guys would be able to
answer my questions best. I am working on a software with a purpose
similar to SongShowPlus http://www.songshowplus.com. The sofware needs
to be able to display Scripture on the projector. A few days ago I
implemented basic reading of OSIS files.. The problem I ran into is that
apparently they aren't required to have ID's for the different verses
and chapters(just a text label in some cases). I looked at ThML and at
first glance it looks good.. Is it widely used/how hard is it to find
files in that format? SWORD has a lot of modules in its format. My
program is writen in C# has anyone tried to use SWORD from C#. Is the
sword library a DLL. Also, I haven't used the SWORD API much would it be
able to give me the information I want(Booknames, Chapter, Verse,etc) ?
Also does it give me the Chapter and Verse in binary or in text format?
What are the benefits of using SWORD instead of just reading a ThML
file? Is there an NIV modules I could get for SWORD. If so where from?
How much does it cost? Woudl the modules be legal to be used in a church
projector setting? Thank you.

-Philip