[sword-devel] ThML and OSIS references

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:33:30 +0700

Good day,

I have a question about the markup for references within a text to
another bible verse with either ThML or OSIS. The short tutorial has a
note as described below.

"OSIS includes a reference element for this purpose, and for our
example, an instance may look something like:
Please see <reference osisRef="Jas.1.19">James 1:19</reference>"

Should the osisRef (or ThML equivalent) field use the KJV English book
abbreviations? Or should it use the original language book
abbreviations? Should they be encoded as UTF-8 characters?

ak