[sword-devel] Building Sword Engine

Simon Lagendijk sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:28:17 +0100

Hi all,

I just got the Sword Engine compiled using MinGW and DevCPP. As soon as
I have some free time, I'll write a simple tutorial of how to use and
compile the Sword Engine using DevCPP or another IDE for MINGW.

However, to get some of the files compiled (I used v 1.5.6), it was
needed to add:

using namespace std
using namespace sword

and also for some files that had only <stdio.h>

#include <iostream.h>

Can those file be compiled without having to modify them? Is so, how?

Is there a general place on the crosswire website to place tutorials, or
should I place it on my own website? It's a very easy tutorial (aimed at
newbies), it only describes how to create a library from the Sword
Engine source (with DevCPP, and without using Cygwin), and 3 easy
examples of how to work with the Sword library.

Thanks,

Simon