[sword-devel] imp2ld Thai zipped problem

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:38:46 +0700

Good day,

I have been working on a Thai study dictionary for the past couple of
days and have got it working in Raw mode. However, it does not work 100%
in Zip mode. The module was compiled with an mid-August copy of
imp2ld.exe. There are no errors displayed when the module is generated
and all terms seem to be loaded. However, only a portion of the terms
can be read. The remaining terms cause a "Access violation at address
00572E90 in module 'sword.exe'. Read of address 6C739162." The final
number changes depending on what word is selected. Sword does not
completely crash but it does not display the definition.

It is not a large dictionary and the first items display properly. After
about 100 items, the problems occur. The same items display properly in
the Raw format. I have tried deleting a few of the terms before and
after the problem term. It works similarly, you can display items to a
certain point and then it hits the address violations. I think that
there is a problem with the imp2ld.exe program. Can the problem be fixed
where ever it is? (The linux version of imp2ld, which may be older than
last August, does not handle the Thai characters in the terms.)

On a somewhat related note, it does not seem to be possible to encrypt
dictionary modules. Both mod2zmod and cipherraw seem to be set up for
only bibles and commentaries. Am I correct in my assumption?

Adrian