[sword-devel] Search results - scoring

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:37:09 -0700

>> Is it possible to add a weighting
>> adjustment for words of christ?

Hi Stephen,

Regarding the words of christ and scoring.

This is an interesting idea. However, perhaps it should be an option. Among
evangelicals, I have heard "Red Letter Bibles" criticized because these
Bibles seem to give more inspiration to the words of Jesus than other parts
of the Bible. They feel, with justification, that Paul's and David's and
Mose's and Jude's words are equally divine and inspired.

Having said that, I would very much be in favor of a Search option with a
check-box to specify inclusion only of the words spoken by our Lord Jesus
Christ.

FWIW, I think I will take the chance that God will be displeased that I took
His Son's words somewhat more seriously than the words of His prophets.  I
really, really want to know what His Son has to say about something. I hope
it isn't offensive to Him that my interest in what His prophets had to say
about something isn't quite at the same extreme level. (Hope that came out
ok. It might possibly disqualify me from teaching at the evangelical church
to which I belong.)

Sharing the reason for the season,
http://learningcards.eeworks.org/EeCard01.html

Lynn A.
l.allan@att.net

Interesting that someone is making progress on software while the rest of us
merrily fritter about discussing the GPL :-(