[sword-devel] The Bible Tool - passagestudy range

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:20:03 -0600

Could we tweak the way passagestudy displays a range of verses?

I like the fact that if a user asks for one verse (Like Rom. 8:28) the
entire chapter is returned with that one verse highlighted.

However, if someone requests a particular range, I think it would be best to
return only that range. For example a request for  Psalm 119:41-48 would
only display those 7 verses instead of the entire 176 verse chapter.

If less than an entire verse is showing, we could then add a link in the
navigation that would open the entire context of the chapter. Like this:

< previous chapter | full chapter | next chapter >

Would this be difficult to implement?

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org