[sword-devel] New Windows SWORD GUI

Simon Lagendijk sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:17:34 +0100

Hi Chris,

>The GPL doesn't cover just distribution rights, it also covers usage.
>USING Sword in an unauthorized manner, according to the license (by
>linking to it, either at compile time or run time) would violate the
>license.

Some questions about this:
* Is it possible to release parts of the code that are independant from
GPL code, but are in a program that makes use of GPL code, under LGPL?
The reason I ask is because I want to release some parts of the bible
tool I'm working on as LGPL (mainly the code to read/search OSIS and
ThML files, which is code that is totally independant from the Sword
Engine).
* Does the author of some code has the right to use the same
(self-written) code in both a GPL and a commercial project?

Simon