[sword-devel] Proposed parent/contained class for VerseKey: CanonVersifier?

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:55:59 -0000

Hi there ...........

On 2 Dec 2003 at 16:05, Chris Little wrote:
> Task 2) might seem very difficult, but in a way, most of the machinery
> already exists in Sword.  After all, Sword formerly didn't have a set
> canon.  That was only added when Troy found that all of the books he was
> encoding were using the same versification scheme.

This may be a bit presumtuous coming from someone who is little more
than a lurker on this list these days, as I have less and less time
available to make any useful contribution - and besides, my coding
skills are very limited.  But as one who is very interested in having
access to all the books in modules such as the LXX, I had given
thought to how this might be achieved.  How about moving from
canon.h to canon.ini - if there is a 'canon.ini' in the module directory,
read the information from this.  If there is not, read the default
'canon.ini' which has the versification we use now in canon.h.  (Sorry to
use a bit of Windows speak with the .ini - feel free to uses the Linux
equivalent if you want).

Anyhow, carry on with the good work.  Personally, I couldn't manage
without this wonderful, versatile piece of software.

God bless you all,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed
church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our
church
homepages).