[sword-devel] Strong's Greek & Hebrew, and indexed word search

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:15:20 +0600 (YEKST)

On 24-Aug-2003 Chris Little wrote:
> Just do a search on the basis of a Strong's number.  I think concordances
> in software are just silly.  That's what search is for.
>
> Do others feel like this is an important feature?  We could possibly add
> a new module for this, but I'm not sure which GNT we would use as a basis
> in the Greek portion.  And the Hebrew might have to be based on the KJV
> itself rather than a Hebrew text.

Hm, adding such a module seems a good idea:

1. Faster than searching.

2. We can put link to Robinson/Packard codes near verse numbers in such a
module, it will make looking of a particular word form simpler (faster for
a user).

BUT: We need to choose whether to use Byz (Byz module) or NestleAland (see
WHNU module info) for strong numbers. These differ in these modules.
(AFAIK, KJV is more near to a translation of Byz than to a translation of
NestleAland).

I vote for NestleAland. (Well, nothing prevent creation of two modules for
both Byz and NestleAland.)

Creation of such a module is rather simple... I even have ready to use
scripts which make it even simpler. But I'm not going to do this because of
some problems I have this month :-( If somebody indeed much wants that I
would do this work, mail me privately, please, and I will explain how he
can help (not a hard big work).

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)