[sword-devel] Strong's Greek & Hebrew, and indexed word search

Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:06:20 -0700

Justin Long wrote

Chris Little wrote:
>...I think concordances
>in software are just silly.  That's what search is for.
>
>Do others feel like this is an important feature? ...

I have printed copies Wigram. What they have that a search doesn't is:
Strong's numbers for the words a word is derived from, Greek/Hebrew
spelling, and transliteration, all at the top of the entries. The Hebrew
entries are sorted by word form.

I think the word form sort would be nice, but hard to do. The other things
can be seen by opening a lexicon module. The verse list is otherwise the
same as a search.

So, at this point I agree with you. However, a front end could have a
concordance tool that would be a special  interface to the search function.
It could also put a header from a lexicon, if found, above the verse list.
Not something I need though.

Jerry