[sword-devel] Strong's Greek & Hebrew, and indexed word search

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:54:14 -0400

On Saturday 23 August 2003 01:33 pm, Justin Long wrote:
> 1) There is a STrong's built into a KJV version with the Sword Engine.
> HOwever there doesn't seem to be Strong's the other way - e.g. for a
> specific word, listing all the Scriptures where the word occurs. Has this
> been built? Will it be built?

I imagine this could be done but it would be a long and tedious task. And are
you wanting scriptures where the words are translated or just where the
actual word occurs in the original language? But thinking about it more, this
might also be accomplish-able by being able to search modules for Strong's
numbers as well....hmmmmmm.......

> 2) I did a word search on the whole Bible and it took a while for the
> search to be finished. Has someone indexed the words... because it didn't
> seem to be an indexed search, but more like a full text search.

Modules are indexed as far as I know, but I have no idea if searches use them.
Search speeds would depend on things like how many modules are used for the
search, the word being searched for (the more occurrences the longer I would
assume), the type of search (regexp, for example, could possibly be slower
due to how matches are made and how complex your expression is), any
graphical updating your front-end has to do (drawing progress bars does eat
up small portions of search time), and other such things.