[sword-devel] Preferences > Language

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:05:33 +0200

>Does anyone know if it is possible to encode Chinese so that the basic
>Windows controls can handle it? I don't know anything about this.

It is. However, there is no one portable encoding for all Windows
platforms. I wrote an e-mail to the list a few months ago summing up
the problems -- will see whether I can dig it up. Basically,
non-Chinese and Chinese versions of Windows will behave differently,
as well as Win95/98/ME vs. WinNT vs. Win2k/WinXP.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite
importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
    -- C.S. Lewis