[sword-devel] 1.5.6rc1 source tarball available

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:59:57 -0700

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>

>>There is a source tarball available at:
>>
>>http://www.crosswire.org/sword/ALPHAcckswwlkrfre22034820285912/alpha/sword-1.5.6rc1.tar.gz
>>
>>Please use this for test building against your clients, so we can be
>>sure the packaging and make systems work outside of CVS.
>

> No good news at all.
>
> While sword 1.5.6rc1 did compile it did not allow to compile gnomesword
> 0.7.9 which compiled just fine against sword 1.5.5

Odd minor version numbers (such as the 1.5 tree) indicate the
development branch.  In the development branch, we are free to make
radical changes to the API and there is no guarantee that software
written for one version will compile under the next.

Very few programs written for Sword 1.5.5 would work with 1.5.6.  If
GnomeSWORD has been updated, you can use their CVS to compile against
Sword 1.5.6.

--Chris