[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.6rc2 + utils

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:58:57 +0700

Good day,

Mixed results! The new sword beta was able to read the Thai encyphered
texts and display them properly. I was even able to do a triple parallel
with two Thai versions and the RSV.

After compiling one the Thai versions with the new vpl2mod and mod2zmod,
the sword beta had some problems. The 1.5.5 version does not have the
same problem. The updated module was copied over and the beta program
started. It displayed the splash screen and then did a lot of disk
reading and eventually an error message appeared. "Access Violation at
address 0058IEBD in module 'sword-beta.exe'. Read of address 0FFFFE32.
[Okay]" I tried this a few times and once WinXP reported that the
Virtual Memory is Too Low. But the last time I tried it, it started
normally and displayed the updated module as well as the older modules.

Small second item, 'vpl2mod.exe' does not recognize the characters 0xEF
0xBB 0xBF at the beginning of the UTF-8 file. If I convert the file
using a combination of Windows Thai and UltraEdit, these characters are
not placed there. If I use SIL's TecKit, it places them there to
indicate that the file is UTF-8 encoded.

Adrian