[sword-devel] SWORD Project with WBS

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:43:11 -0700

>> (1) The Heading (eg. "Chapter 1") for each chapter is in English instead
>> of Chinese.

This 'Chapter' text is applied from the chosen locale.  I don't remember
where we ended up trying to make a Chinese locale, but perhaps someone
else on the list could comment if they remember.  I think a non-unicode
locale file might work depending on the OS. Did we try a GBK encoding?

>> (2) The size of the font is not consistent.

Font sizes are usually relative to the base font size being used for the
text.  If you look under Options | Preferences, then on the Display tab
you can change global fonts or fonts specific to individual modules.  We
can ship a good default configurations after we play around and you
decide what looks best.  I have noted that the section headings seem to
stay the same size no matter what font size is used for the text.  I'll
look into fixing this.  I'll probably make it a 1:1 ratio with the base
font size, as it will already stand out a little being bold and italic.
Did you find the Option | Headings | On menu choice?

>> (3) It may be more readable if the blue indice for the verse is little
>> bigger
>> and darker.

Again, these can be adjusted in the above mentioned preferences dialog.
  Though, I think the blue indices, again, are relative to the base text
font size.  We can change the ratio if you feel it needs adjusting.

>> (4) There is no space in front of the blue verse if the previous verse is
>> ended with a double quote.

I'll look into this.

>> (5) When we did a right-click and selected "Dictionary Lookup" on the
>> selected
>> characters with smaller font, a "?" was shown on lower-right window. On
>> the other hand, the same procedure on the characters with regular size
>> will
>> display the selected text in the lower-right window.

Could you give me an example of what you mean by 'a smaller font'.  Did
you change the font size to smaller and then right-click on the same
text?  Or did you find smaller text somewhere else.  We'll try to hunt
this one down if we can get the specifics from you on how to reproduce
the problem.  I also may be the OS you are using, so please include that
in your report.

>> (6) When we did a right-click and selected "Copy" on the selected
>> characters
>> with smaller font, the software was terminated.

ouch.  That's not good.  Again, if you could tell me what smaller
characters you clicked on, I'll build a debug version and see where the
crash happens and try to fix.

Excited about working together!

	-Troy.