[sword-devel] Interested in?

Andrej Ricnik sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:17:04 +0000

>I understand the hesitation to include this because of the file sizes, but
>the
>ability to include a temple walkthrough or a 3D view of the ark would
>attract
>many people. I'm fine either way, I just thought I'd throw the suggestion
>out.
No offense meant, but I believe that a hypothetical thing like
a "walk-through" for the ark is utterly useless :} unless you
intend to make the Bible meerly a work of art & entertainment.
The factual knowledge about both the temple or the ark is zilch,
and the benefit of gaining any knowledge from the walk ...

What I'm trying to say is that I don't believe there's a useful
application for that kind of thing, and considering the ratio of
size/information I'd rather not have them :)

However, the maps sound like a great idea, it would allow for
a very concise, easily digestible way to present information
about let's say the layout of political powers, travel distances,
geographical information like terrain form (plain, mountain,
water :}) which may be of interest during bible study.

Oh, well, enough said :)

Cheers,
Andrej