[sword-devel] Interested in?

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:31:17 -0700

My personal oppinion: I think it would be great to have maps (would we use a
module???) available through sword.  I know I frequently look to the maps of
Paul's missionary trips when studying or through maps of old Israel and
Jerusalem...

Please stick with us, as Don said, we will be looking to use Gecko soon and
you could become very important!

-Dave Overcash

> Hello,
>
> I'm going to ask this again. Are you interested in having maps available
for the Sword? If so I can help in this area with the creation and graphics.
We just need a graphics display module (png would be the best because of gif
and now jpeg copyright issues).

> In addition, has anyone thought of including a VRML display module?
>
> I believe you'll find that "If you build it they will come". Add the map
reader and picture display capabilities and you'll have graphic artists and
cartologists starting to appear. Stick in a VRML module and people
experienced in 3D will step forward. Heck, I fall into both categories. I
have both graphics and 3D experience.