[sword-devel] The Message

Simon sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:06:15 +0200

>> Hi,
>>
>> The same for the CEV, Good News Translation and the ALT. Are the
>> copyrightholders of that translations already been contacted?

>ABS, copyright holders of the CEV & TEV, have denied our request to
>distribute.

Mm, why do they deny the Crosswire request, and at the same time give
permission to E-Sword? Not fair :-(

>Gary Zoella, copyright holder of the ALT, has consented to our request
>distribute--we just need to work on an updated version before we
release.

Ah, that's good news!

Has anybody already asked Importantia Publishing (copyrightholder of
Online Bible texts), for permission of the DutLut (Dutch Lutherse
Vertaling) and the DutLeid (Dutch Leidse Vertaling)? They seem to give
such permissions quit easely...

BTW: I have contacted the Dutch Bible Society (Nederlands Bijbel
Genootschap) a few weeks ago, to ask permission to publish the
NBG51-translation, the Groot Niews Vertaling and the NBV2004 (all Dutch
translations) with the Sword Project, but they refused...

I also have contacted the IBS, for permission to publish Het Boek
(another Dutch translation), with Sword, but they ALSO refused..

And I've also contacted Medema Publishing, for permission to publish the
Telos New Testament (just another Dutch translation), and they refused.

And lastly, I've also contacted the Katholieke Bijbel Genootschap
(Catholic Bible Society Holland), for permission for the Willibrord
Vertaling (a Catholic Dutch Translation), and (you can guess it), they
refused...

With kind regards,

Simon