[sword-devel] SIL Ezra fonts

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:50:24 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 porton@narod.ru wrote:

> BTW, RST (Russian) is now in UTF-8. May be convert it to KOI8-R or CP1251 to
> make the file smaller?

No, we never use regional or font encodings.  CP1252 is the only
exception, which we're trying to move away from.

We don't have the desire to do transcoding within Sword, except possibly
simple transcoding for output.  There's no need anyway, since it wouldn't
be any smaller due to compression.

--Chris