[sword-devel] language translation

Danny Freedman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:28:05 +0100 (BST)

I suppose now everyone is breathing a huge sigh of
relief...its been a long and sometimes difficult
stretch...but its been well worth it...bibleCS is
something awesome...

But we shouldn't sit on our laurels...there are a
couple of errors and points we should be working on...

1. complete UTF-8 support in the menus etc...so more
languages can be translated...

2. the Aleppo Module needs to be checked for verse
numbering problems (most specifically Malachi 4:6).
Perhaps we need to allow the user to pick the two
major systems - KJV standard or Hebrew verse numbering
(such as those in the Aleppo and JPS)

3. The search window, now maintains the selected bible
module...i.e. if you're in RSV, the search window
defaults to search for that...which is fine...but say
a user wants to search in the KJV, he simply changes
the module in the search window and searches...finds a
verse, then looks it up in the RSV in the main
window...opening the search again...with the intention
of searching in the KJV, means that the search window
defaults back to the RSV (since that was the one thats
in the main window, rather than retaining what the
user selected originally...)

I assume that Sword 1.5.4 has been released...I intend
to review my postings and suggestions, and include
them in a new email...listing all the new things that
would make *1.5.5* really awesome...

well done everyone who did all the amazing work and
testing -- really awesome

note sorry bout the Miscarriage...

DF