[sword-devel] Module making (with Strong's number & footnotes)

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:17:09 -0700

the imp and vpl import tools don't know about markup, they just use
whatever markup you have in your file and put that markup untouched in
the module.  Your .conf file tells the engine what markup is in your
module.  An example from kjv.conf:

SourceType=GBF
Lang=en
GlobalOptionFilter=GBFFootnotes
GlobalOptionFilter=GBFStrongs
GlobalOptionFilter=GBFMorph

This tells the engine that your base markup is GBF tags.  It also adds
option filters that allow toggling of certain tags on or off.

Hope this helps.  Please report any bugs if you are having troubles with
a certain tag.  We try to support these specifications to the extend
that we have modules that need them.  We don't claim to fully support
all tags of any of the markup specs for which we have code.  You can add
support fairly easy for new tags in the sword/src/modules/filters/
directory.

	-Troy.