[sword-devel] The Gospel

Lamar Owen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:54:13 -0400

On Thursday 19 September 2002 01:08 pm, Knox, Chris wrote:
> > From: Conley, James [mailto:JConley@GAPAC.com]
> > The book of Romans does this quite well.

> Great, James. You just had to give away the answer.

We worked with Seedline to distribute over 250,000 copies of John and Romans
in New York City.  They went like hotcakes at a lumberjack convention on
9/11.

Of course, the glossy cover with a picture of the WTC and the text 'In Loving
Memory to Those WHo Lost Their Lives' was the magnet -- but nobody threw them
down.  Many read them.  Many of those asked questions about the Gospel.  Some
were converted.  Only a handful rejected them out-of-hand.

I have a jpg of the cover if anyone is interested, once I find it (if I can
find it).

The lesson is similar to the one Jesus taught Peter: you have to know the
right side to throw out the net.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio