[sword-devel] Here's Our Chance: Copyright Negotations

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:26:19 -0700

At 05:13 PM 9/18/2002 -0700, Chris Little wrote:
>... But my point is, if a program
>had an export mechanism, users can use that and we can provide import
>mechanisms to Sword.  Perfectly legal.

Or at least close to "perfectly legal." ;-)

There could be a problem with the exporting. The software writer may have
slipped and allowed exporting of texts, some of which may not have been
licensed for it. That probably would not be our problem though. There is a
point where you can be guilty of contributory infringement. I can't imagine
that line being crossed though.

Jerry