[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.4rc4

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:16:48 -0700

At 01:13 PM 9/13/2002 +0700, Adrian Korten wrote:
>As a minor adjustment to the help file, please indicate that the '|'
>character is needed to mark the end of single references. It indicates that
>it is needed for multiple references.

Thanks for the feedback on the help files, Adrian. I would not have noticed
that it could be confusing on my own.

I have changed:
"a verse list may be placed in the text. Right click on the comment to
bring up the comment editor. Then place a pound sign, "#", in the text
where the list should go. Follow it with a space and a verse or passage
reference. For multiple references in a list, separate the references with
semicolons. End the list with a vertical bar, (shift+"\"). "
" a verse list, of one or more references, may be placed in the text. Right
click on the comment to bring up the comment editor. Then place a pound
sign, "#", in the text where the list should go. Follow it with a verse or
passage reference. Use semicolons to separate references. End the list with
a vertical bar, (shift+"\"). Spaces can be placed after the "#" and
semicolons and before the semicolons and vertical bar."

I have also added the following:
---
Comments can be placed in the list. The format is either a comment followed
by a semicolon, or a reference followed by a comment and semicolon. Verse
lists with comments look something like. # List from a friend; Co 2:13-15;
John 3:16 is famous; Rom 5:18 |

An entire sentence, paragraph or commentary entry can be made as a verse
list with comments. Place the pound sign at the beginning and the vertical
bar at the end. It is good in this case to be sure there is a semicolon
right before and after a reference. The format may look something like this:

# JEREMIAH 22:16;
He judged the cause of the poor and needy; (Compare; Ezekiel 16:49;) then
it was well with him: was not this to know me? (See; I John 4:7-8;) saith
the LORD. |
---

Does that help?
Will post a new chm if this looks good.