[sword-devel] verse numbering schemes (was: RC4 BUG!)

Klaus R. H. Walther sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:42:19 +0200

Hello

Am Donnerstag, 12. September 2002 22:46 schrieb Daniel Freedman:

> At some point...one will have to enable users to choose different verse
> numbering schemes, or follow a strict pattern and force a standard onto
> each module, otherwise people are going to have problems...

I think, choosing will be the only possible way. There is no international
standard. If you choose the American standard, I will not be able to use it
in Germany. For example: There ist no chapter 4 in Maleachi in German Bibles
(it is included in chapter 3), and many psalms have another counting, too.

Shalom,
   Klaus R. H. Walther