sword on ... was Re: [sword-devel] Comming soon: ...

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:45:04 +0100

On 10 Sep 2002 at 22:38, Joel Mawhorter sent forth the message:

> On September 9, 2002 07:12, porton@narod.ru wrote:

> > I can (as will have time) even write necessary algorithms. If it will be
> > too slow for 80386, I can remember its assembler!
>
> Since Sword is a cross platform library, assembler isn't really an option (I
> know it is already compiled on at least 3 different CPU arcitectures).

fwiw currently 11 architectures confirmed and counting - Intel x86, powerpc, arm, Sun Sparc, alpha,
Intel 64, HP PA-RISC, MIPS (big-endian and little-endian), Motorola 68k, S/390

Not all of these are particularly useful to have sword on, but hey, when did that ever stop anyone :)

Regards,
Daniel