[sword-devel] Possible Solution to copyright problems

Glenn Reed sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:06:10 +1200

Hi,

I just had a crazy thought.

Seeing we have the problem where copyright holders don't see us as necessary,
why not set up a web page for user request of the locked modules.  They click
on a button for the module they request which asks them for certain details,
name, address, etc and then click on a submit button.  The submit button
sends an email message in the background to the bible society in question
with a preformed message body requesting the key for the sword module in
question or information on how to purchase it.

This would show the bible society what interest there is in sword and
aforementioned modules.  Perhaps we could even send them a monthly balance
sheet of their lost profits from ignoring sword "customers".  Maybe an appeal
to their bank balance might be stronger than an appeal to their conscience?

Comments anyone?

Glenn Reed.