[sword-devel] New modules & beta versions to test (urgently)

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 13:22:02 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> Concerning the BDB module, I downloaded it and placed everything in the
> correct places, opened up Bibletime 1.3pr, clicked on the BDB module in
> the main index, and the module name and numbers for the words appear in
> the drop-down menu, but other than that, the BDB definitions themselves
> appear to be completely absent.

That is a puzzling report.  Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

I removed the module name entry from the index, so the first entry should
be 00001.  Then after the 08853 entry, Hebrew words should be listed in
the box.  In any case, if entry names are present, the definitions should
be present too because they're contained in the same file.

You're sure this is the version from the beta area?  Or did I misinterpret
what you meant about seeing the module name? (Maybe BT prints this for
each entry?)

I should really boot to Linux and try these things out every so often. :)

> Concerning the MHC module, unless it's operator error (me), in every link that
> is a semi-colon separated sequence of verses from different books (or different
> chapters, I would guess), it is treated as only one link (which means that if
> there are references to Genesis and Exodus, I was only able to choose Genesis,
> as the semi-colon separated sequence of verses is treated only as one link)

This sounds like a Bibletime bug (or an unforseen case).  I have never
been that familiar with BT's abilities, so maybe one of the developers
could comment on whether this is the case.

--Chris