Fw: [sword-devel] Is sword going non-gpl or proprietory?

Charles Carey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:58:44 -0700

>Well, first, there are no plans to license as anything other than GPL.
>Second, there has never been any suggestion that we go to any license that
>is not open-source except by those who see this as a way of convincing
>copyright holders that Sword is secure.

I've wondered (since I'm a Windows programmer ) if it would be effecient to
tokenize a biblical text and put it into a DLL along with methods for
retreiving text and locking the module.  The DLL code could be proprietary
thus assuring copyright holder secruity and Sword could remain GPL. ???

Chuck