[sword-devel] Is sword going non-gpl or proprietory?

Leon Brooks sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:48:52 +0800

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:13, Chris Little wrote:
> there has never been any suggestion that we go to any license that
> is not open-source except by those who see this as a way of convincing
> copyright holders that Sword is secure.

Now there is a non-sequitur if ever there was one. If the code is GPLed,
*anyone* can check it and see that it's secure. And if it isn't, *anyone* can
submit a patch to make it so. And they do.

Contrary to popular opinion, the percentage of vandals in the population is
very low, they just make a lot of noise per head. Closing your code works to
the vandals' advantage.

Cheers; Leon