[sword-devel] Copyright info

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 23:38:08 -0700

I'll let Jonathan reply more authoritatively, but in my experience,
copyright holders and Bible Societies don't mistrust us or see us in any
poor light.  We've never had a complaint about locked modules.  We
actually don't even distribute locked modules on our public site any
longer, but even when we did, we didn't have any complaints.  My
experience is that the organizations that have truely taken the time to
hear our requests, and have responded unfavorable, have mostly expressed
that they have commitments to other projects.  I think a commited effort
to research and contact the decision-making person at more organizations
is the needed ingredient.  Jonathan has taken on this role and has made
a great initial effort.