[sword-devel] Reliability of Sword again (Sword Server)

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:43:35 +0600

Developing Sword Server I realized that if a wrong module can cause libSword
to hang then I need a process for every connection to make one connection
unhangable by other ones! Otherwise I can use something faster than processes
like threads, asynchronous i/o etc.

Moreover if it is possible to hang libSword by a wrong data, then I need a
process which will be busy killing hanged server processes to not cause many
hanged processes hanging around.

So what is the current degree of stability of Sword in respect of the wrong
input data?
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)