[sword-devel] New Project Idea: MozSword

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 05:21:11 +0600

> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 porton@narod.ru wrote:
>
> > _Diatheke is slow_ (especially because of using it with slow web servers).
> > Consider my future Sword Server (It will serve through TCP). (I have hope to
> > make the fist release inside two weeks...)
>
> I'm not sure where you're coming from with this. Perhaps you're expecting
> something other than what is actually happening or you're unclear on what
> portions of the retrieval take the longest time.

[skip]

> The majority of time spent on a request is and always will be due to
> network latency.  And you can't fix that.

Some guys (including me) use diatheke locally (run web server and browser on the same PC). In this case a slow web server (Apache is) causes more delay than the browser. So throwing away web server from the system would increase speed several times!
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)