[sword-devel] Greetings

Glenn Reed sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:27:07 +1200

Greetings,

I have just recently subscribed to this list so I thought I would introduce
myself.   My name is Glenn Reed.  I have been distantly following sword for
some time but have never really been actively involved.

My involvement has been with the Truth2000 project and it was because of that
project that was how I met up with Daniel.

The project web site is at http://truth2000.sourceforge.net

The name 'Truth2000' came from another project I was working on once which
had nothing to do with programming.  For a bit of stuff I worked on many
years ago see:

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/g.reed/truth2000/truth2000.htm
(Some of the stuff of the stuff on this web site may need to be revised.  We
all change our minds about things as we get older don't we ;) )

Also some personal pages of me at
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~glenn.r/photos.html

Well, that should help put you in the picture about who I really am ;)

I  understand that at the moment you are all busy finalising changes to a
release candidate so you may not have a great deal of time to discuss things
in depth with me at the moment.  That is fine.  I like to take my time
working through these issues anyway.  There is still enough for me to do on
my own.

Daniel (Glasseyes) has made contact with me before about the project and it
wasn't until after that (e-mail) discussion that I started to realize that we
might have some goals in common.

There is alot of stuff I would like to discuss but perhaps now is not the
time.  And it would also be good to be making regular contact with Christians
who have similar goals.

This was supposed to be true of Christforge but alas it seems to have fallen
into disuse ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/christforge/ ).

Is there a way I can subscribe to this list in digest format?

God bless

Glenn.