[sword-devel] Module File Formats

Curtis W. Ruck sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 12:35:23 -0500

I am working on a personal implementation of Sword for Java (I use linux
& winxp often).  I know about the group working on Jsword, but I prefer
to write things my own way under the GPL.  The only thing though, is I
can't find any module documentation.  I first would like to start with
the text modules, get those implemented, browseable, searchable, etc...
Then get the other module types working.  But, I can't figure out the
module file formats.  Some rawtexts look decently easy to parse, but I
am clueless by the .vss files, other rawtexts look ugly like the NIV
beta rawtext from the ftpsite.

Any starting blocks for these?  I know a little C, no C++, and I really
wouldn't enjoy reading though Sword code, figuring out how to parse the
files.