[sword-devel] update on BugReports

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:13:22 +0100

http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Swordapi/BugReports

Sourceforge now give you the option of requiring that people have a
login before submitting bugs. I've activated that on the sf sword bug
trackers. Apart from the slowness of sf it doesn't look too bad now.
That and the dislike of sf bug tracking by many developers.

using df may be a good idea _if_ the people that are interested in
using sf are willing to keep on top of the bugs and assign, update
and close them in good time according to what happens on sword-devel
and _if_ the testers are willing to use sf to post bugs.

We could change the bug tracker to forward all changes on bugs to
sword-devel instead of sword-support. Shall we do that?

No testers have given any opinion (that I have noticed) on what they
want to do with bugs. Does that indicate satisfaction with the status
quo (post them to sword-devel and try and keep track of whether they
have been done using the list) or just a lack of interest?
Would you be interested in trying to post bugs using sourceforge
(which will then get forwarded to sword-devel for developers to see -
 if we make that change), or would it be too much hassle?

Regards,
Daniel