[sword-devel] CCATS

John Baima sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:45:34 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_9KnvaLulhSpITN/uswW54Q)

At 10:01 AM 10/15/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Thus spake "John Baima"> :
>GBS owns the copyright of the base text (which has changed since that CCAT
>text was done--I have a copy of the most recent edition), I was referring
>to the tagging.
>
>For what it s worth, unless I m mistaken the text we re discussing is
>based on the UBS3.  While it is true that there is now a UBS 4th edition,
>the text itself is identical to the UBS3 the only difference is in the
>apparatus describing textual variants.

That's what UBS says, but there have been a couple of dozen or so changes
in the text--a few words spelled differently, some punctuation changes, and
several accent changes. Some of these changes required changes to the AGNT
tags. Almost every printing of the text has introduced some changes to the
text.

>________

John Baima

--Boundary_(ID_9KnvaLulhSpITN/uswW54Q)

spake &quot;John Baima&quot;&gt; :<br>
<dl>
<dd>GBS owns the copyright of the base text (which has changed since that
CCAT text was done--I have a copy of the most recent edition), I was
referring to the tagging.
For what it s worth, unless I m mistaken the text we re discussing is
based on the UBS3.&nbsp; While it is true that there is now a UBS 4th
edition, the text itself is identical to the UBS3 the only difference is
in the apparatus describing textual variants.<br>
That's what UBS says, but there have been a couple of dozen or so changes
in the text--a few words spelled differently, some punctuation changes,
and several accent changes. Some of these changes required changes to the
AGNT tags. Almost every printing of the text has introduced some changes
to the text.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
John Baima<br>

--Boundary_(ID_9KnvaLulhSpITN/uswW54Q)--