[sword-devel] Windows dev

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:29:52 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Joseph Hagerty wrote:

> Is the Windows software COM Enabled?
>
> I would like to build a series of ASP pages calling the sword modules,
> and the API looks like its only C.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to have a VB Com object that I can pass the calls from
> my ASP Pages.

Well, I've got two options for you, neither of which is probably going to
help you immediately (unless you want to help finish/update one of them).

The first is ActiveDiatheke.  It is an ActiveX control interface to
Sword, using the diatheke as a core.  It's based on Sword 1.5.2 or 1.5.3,
however, so it could use an update.  As I recall, the last version was
crashing also.

The second option is an ISAPI version of diatheke.  I'll work on this as
soon as I get a chance.  Maybe this weekend I will get a chance to
update/fix diatheke, then doing the ISAPI version will be pretty simple.

--Chris