[sword-devel] CCATS

John Baima sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:02:24 -0500

At 07:47 PM 10/10/2002 +0600, you wrote:
>Have you noticed the file (a Greek NT with morphology) at
>ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/doc/bible/texts/greek/ubs.tar.gz?
>
>Not sure about copyright and not sure about simplicity to implement for us...
>but probably we can make a module from it...

This text was derived from the Friberg's copyrighted Analytical Greek New
Testament (AGNT) text without their permission. One of the real problems
with this text is that the tags were corrupted in CCAT's "conversion" from
the Friberg system of tags to the Packard system of tags. This is not a
text with a clear copyright and the Fribergs do not want it to be
distributed at all because of the corruption of the tags.

I am interested in doing an official version of the Friberg's AGNT text and
Anlex lexicon for Sword so I would urge you all to avoid this text and wait
for the real thing. I may also be able to help with some of the searching
of the morph texts--I really don't know what you all have at this point or
how doable it will be but I will take a look at it in a week or so.

>--
>Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)

_________
John Baima
Silver Mountain Software 1029 Tanglewood Dr, Cedar Hill TX 75104-3019
jbaima@silvermnt.com        http://www.silvermnt.com
Fax 972 293-6641   Voice 972 293-2920