[sword-devel] Problems, Comments, thoughts, criticisms, complaints, queries with the latest release

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:43:50 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Daniel Freedman wrote:

> A. BHS
> i. Basically this module is great, apart from the dagesh forte/lene (and
> other nikkud / vowels ) - specifically BibleCS perhaps should work towards
> UniScript from Microsoft?

Not gonna happen, I would expect.  Uniscribe is platform specific, while a
platform agnostic solution like (someday) Graphite could be a possibility.

> E. Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha modules - this is a biggy maybe we can get
> R.H. Charles' on BibleCS?

APOT wouldn't be a problem if you want to type in the text (or just fix
versification for those that are online).  1Enoch & Jubilees we currently
have, but the rest would take quite a lot of work.

Apocrypha should be handled with the Bibles and probably will get worked
on this time around if we work on new features.

> F. The option to "define custom range" would be of benefit if the "create
> verse list file (svl)" could be used as a range...The various sections of
> the Hebrew Divisions would be nice to be included:
>
> Torah (Law): Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
> Neviim (Prophets): Joshua, Judges, Samuel I & II, Kings I & II, Isaiah,
> Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum,
> Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
> Ketubim (Writings): Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Song of Songs/Solomon, Ruth,
> Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Daniel, Ezra-Nehemiah, Chronicles I & II

Good idea.  These are pretty easy to modify.  Maybe set up categories for
sections where the original language is Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek too.

--Chris